Thursday, September 23, 2010

The eve of the 60 mile walk


1 day before the walk, but who is counting? I am!! At the moment, it is pouring rain outside and I have a cold, not a great start!
.
My incredibly supportive and kind husband came home today with a rain coat- guaranteed for all weather!! If that isn't love, then I don't know what is.
.
Today, the walk may seem a bit dreary for me as I down lots of garlic, eat oranges and look out the window at one drenched street. No matter the start, there is an incredible amount of support for me. I can't tell you how this is going to go, I have never walked 60 miles in three days while sleeping in little pink tents. Nor have I done it with a cold in the rain. I am a rookie. I can tell you I feel surrounded by good wishes and kind thoughts.
.
For me, this journey has been about the support of my good friend who went through cancer this past year. I'm a little freaked out about the walk, imagine how she felt when she was diagnosed with cancer. She found a way to get through the fear, the treatments, the pain and the ongoing side effects. If she can walk this walk with a giant oven mitt on her arm to help her lymph drainage, I can muster enough strength to walk this walk with her.
.
This weekend there will be about 3000 people walking 60 miles, from Redmond to Everett and back to Seattle. Please keep us in your heart and prayers.
Thanks a million,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment