Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The 3-day event and pictures





















































Wow! That was an amazing journey. My whole summer has been about training, preparing, fund raising and "the walk". This weeked we finally did it and it was incredible. Thankfully, we were able to walk all 60 miles, camp in little pink tents at night and finish the weekend healthy, strong and happy. We got two tiny blisters - which are pretty much healed already and a bit of fatigue but overall we are incredibly lucky.

There is so much to tell, but for me it was about supporting my great friend. One year ago she was having her breast cancer surgery. This year she walked 60 miles and past the very hospital that surgery took place. She was always my inspiration. Along the way we meant so many incredible women and men. The volunteers who took care of us were angles!!! The supporters along the way were a gift. The whole journey was one I will never forget, one that touched my heart in a million places. But mostly I was in awe of my friend with her inner strenght and determination to do this walk. She walked in memory of her friend she lost to breast cancer one year ago.
Over 6 million dollars were raised to be used for research and community programs to help find a cure for breast cancer.
For all your prayers, words of encouragement, donations, and support I send you my thanks from the very bottom of my healthy and happy feet!!!
Denise


No comments:

Post a Comment