Friday, August 20, 2010

The kindness of strangers...

A picture of tonight's walk

Walking Journal...
I'm beginning to realize how kind women are. Wednesday night, Dallas and I were out to dinner celebrating his b-day. I got to visiting with the restaurant owner, who runs marathons, about my upcoming 3-day 60 mile walk. Keep in mind, we were at a restaurant where you always visit with other restaurant goers. Anyway, there was a lady next to me who had walked the 3-day several years ago. She asked me to send my fund-raising info so she could donate to my walk.

Yesterday, I sent her the info and today she donated $60 to my walk!!!!! She also responded to my e-mail with support and suggestions to help me reach my $2,300.00 dues.

Her kindness is incredible and I'm starting to see how women are truly supporting each other in this walk for the cure. Tonight, I feel humbled at Cindy's donation and very lucky to be able to participate in something so big! Thank you Cindy!!

Happy walking to all, may you have health and happiness
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment