Thursday, August 19, 2010

Dont panic when running up a hill


This is Oscar and he looks like I feel today. Not so much the chunky part but the wiped out part. The last few weeks have been a whirlwind. Lots of traveling, walking 38 miles- over 3 days, committing to raising $2,300.00, plus I gave a talk to the NWIDS last Tuesday night.
.
Today I'm just a little tired. Nothing a good night sleep and a day in the office to catch up wont fix but still when you are tired the path ahead of you seems a little more daunting than when you are rested.
.
Here is my philosophy: When you are running up a hill, do not decide how far you are going to run. When the run is a struggle, your perspective will be too near sighted. Today, I'm running up hill. I will not panic about my fund raising efforts or my ability to walk 60 miles while camping at night. Instead, I'm going to write about my feeling and share the experience of a this walk for a cure. Later today, I'm going to go eat dinner with Dallas and some great friends.
.
I can always panic tomorrow, but today I'll just put one foot in front of the other and get to bed early!!
.
Wishing you all a good nights sleep!
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment