Monday, August 16, 2010

1 in 8

Thought of the day:

One in eight is the statistic for a women's chance of getting breast cancer. I don't doubt that statistic, as I have been visiting with others about the Susan G. Komen's 60 mile 3 day walk. I have been blown away by how many families have been affected by breast cancer: mothers, sisters, fathers, neighbors, aunts, friends and wives. It's not just women either!

Journal:

Today, I went for another walk. I think I walked about 6 or 7 miles. That is a far cry from the 60 miles I'll be walking with my friend come Sept 24-25-26. 60 miles- talk about crazy!!! I've been a runner most of my life but recently more of a 2 mile stroller with our dogs. My comfort zone has been dramatically altered, but this change isn't a fraction of the change that happens in the life of someone diagnosed with breast cancer.

As I walk, I'm feeling stronger. When I started walking in the end of June, my feet hurt more walking 5 miles than they did walking 21 miles. Still, 60 miles seems a little crazy!

Wishing you health and happiness,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment