Monday, July 15, 2019

Don't let summer pass you by...

 When I started this summer's mastermind workshops, my thought was to create space to accomplish one major summer project.  And it still is... uncluttering our paper, downsizing our stuff, writing that book, painting your house, visiting Italy...  A project that come autumn, your future self will say thank you!

However...,
in the process of creating space to work, I was called to add in play.  Summer isn't summer without play, exploration, outside, freedom to be, watermelon and long summer nights.  If we forget this, then come winter, our spirits will baulk.

So I added in the summer bucket list, 10 simple pleasures of summer.  Actions requiring very little time, energy, finances or thought.  Little things like- eating a hot dog at a ball game, trying a new flavor of ice-cream, going on a walking road trip to no where, exploration of summer. Things you would do when life was simple and your imagination and curiosity were big.

You do know,  I never ask anything of you I'm not willing to do myself.  So this summer while I'm focusing on my one project, I'm also checking off my summer bucket list.  So far I have eaten 4 different kinds of hot dogs (I haven't got the right bite yet so still in quest), gone on daily micro road trips and tried 3 different kinds of ice-cream.  I have added in more dance, road trips on foot and beauty.


 My whimsical bucket list...is turning out to be the driving force and inspiration to my project and life.

By focusing on curiosity- what do I love to do in the summer?  I'm creating time and space to play, to discover.  Adventures and ideas are showing up.  My brain is working differently. I feel lighter.

We have 4 more mastermind workshops this summer.  Next one is July 23rd.  Let your joy muscles start percolating and your pride of accomplishment grow.  Everyone should take this class.  We can't forget our joy as we go about living. And big projects are best done in bite sized chunks.

Our summer workshops and taking summer two weeks at a time- play and progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment