Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's only good when it looks bad



Papaya's didn't used to be one of my favorite fruits. I bought pretty papaya's. I'm not sure what made me eat an ugly papaya, maybe I just waited until I thought it was almost spoiled. What ever the cause now I know: don't buy pretty papayas. Once they are all dented, yellow, and generally looking pretty rough- then that's when they are just getting good.

I buy my papaya's at H-Mart. They have a good selection of different papaya's and usually there are several that look horrible. I hate to wait. I used to by the pretty ones, I didn't like papaya's much. Now I buy the ugly ones. Apparently beauty is only skin deep. Or in this case ...ugly is only skin deep.
Now mind you, I am no papaya expertm, but I know what I like and I like my papaya's ugly!
Happy Spring Travels,
Denise




No comments:

Post a Comment