Tuesday, November 5, 2013

If I had my life to do over again...

       Over the weekend I came across a book I used to own called the Delany sisters.  A fabulous book about two incredible sisters in their early 100's.  They remind me so much of my Aunt Velma, who lived in wonder to the beautiful age of 102.

     I thought that book held a passage called:  If I had my life to do over again.  But as it turns out this passage was from a completely different source: Nadine Star.  On one of those lovely happy coincidence moments, I stumbled across Nadine's passage last night.

      I do highly recommend you read the Delany Sisters book but to hold you over with some good old fashioned advice here is the passage from Nadine Star.

   It seems a good start to the holiday season!!
Wishing you more daisies in your life and autumn grass between your toes,
        Denise

Nadine Star
Written by Nadine Star:  On her 93rd Birthday
When asked by a reporter what she would do differently if she had her life to live over again.

“If I had my life to live over,  I would dare to make more mistakes next time.  I would relax.  I would limber up.  I would be sillier than I’ve been this time.  I would take fewer things seriously and I would take more chances.  I’d take more trips.  I’d climb more mountains and I’d swim more rivers.  I would eat more ice cream and less beans.  I would perhaps have more actual troubles but I’d have fewer imaginary ones.”

“ You see I am one of those people who lived sensibly and sanely, hour after hour, day after day.  Oh, I’ve had my moments, but it I had it to do over   again, I’d have more of them.  In fact, I’d try to have nothing else- just moments – one after another instead of living so many years ahead.”

‘I’ve been one of those persons who never goes anywhere without a thermometer, a hot water bottle a raincoat, and a parachute.  If I had my life to live over,  I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and I would stay that way later in the fall.  I would go to more dances.  I would ride more merry-go-rounds.  I would pick more daisies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment