Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fresh out of the garden

Is there any better way to start the day than breakfast straight out of the garden? Last night I noticed my Korean cucumbers are ready to eat!! My blueberries are ripening and my fresh herbs and flowers are growing into bushes on the front deck.

For breakfast I made a delicious, nutritious and yummy treat

Violet and cucumber yogurt

1/2 cup plain goat yogurt
1 fresh cucumber- skin on
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1 T chopped stevia leaves
1 T chopped peppermint leaves
3 viola flowers

On the side, I'm having a nice hot cup of Green tea. Even though it is technically summer, the mornings still need something hot to warm me up!

Talk about a residue free start to the day. Most my breakfast only traveled 50 feet!!! The goat yogurt came from CA, but next time I go to Marlene's market I'll make sure I get WA goat yogurt:)

Wishing you abundance and sunshine on this summer day,
denise

No comments:

Post a Comment