Thursday, January 7, 2010

Wildly sane with mung beans and purple potatoes

Today, during my lunch break, I made myself mung beans and purple potatoes. It was colorful, surprisingly yummy and most likely very nutritious.

This evening my aunt and uncle called, we visited about food, holidays and celebrating. My aunt Darlean told me "you only live once you know, have as much fun as you can". She celebrates most holidays. Why not? Why not try purple potatoes and celebrate Epiphany day?

I think one of the dangers of living is forgetting to live. No matter what the time of year it is, there is always something interesting to discover. It might be a new exotic food, a holiday from another country and time, or a discovery of a new love- like writing. Try experimenting with life and see what a year of exploration brings.

It is the beginning of a new year. Why not put away our old patters and try some new ones on for size. Of course, there will be flops, surprises and goofs but who cares?

There is an old saying:
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results."

This year be wildly sane!
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment