Thursday, December 31, 2009

The great list

I make lists of my goals, things I want to accomplish and items I feel obligated to do. My list is called my MASTER TASK LIST. Sounds quite impressive doesn't it? MASTER TASK LIST must be very important and worthy of a special name. But it isn't really. It is just a list of things I don't want to forget, things I should do-or think I should do and things I have full intention of procrastinating about and never doing.

When I think of my MASTER TASK LIST I feel guilty and behind. It's not that I don't get a lot accomplished in the course of a year. It's just that this important list is always there reminding me I am not done. It tells me I am behind and will never catch up-not a good feeling.

This year I'm going to try something a little differernt. I'm going to rename my list. What do you think of "Really good, Don't forget and Procrastination list". That has a nice ring don't you think?

I now realized this list is just a list. I have many great qualities and one of them is procrastinating. I'm not doing to defind myself. I just thought you should know.

MY MASTER TASK LIST is kind of like all the stuff I collect over a year. I gather material/ideas/research. I devour some and file others for a later time- a time that rarely comes. I am curous and overzellous in my enthusiasm. If you put this quality in a MASTER TASK LIST you will have a long list.

This year, the the first items on my list will not cause my stomach to do twists but my heart to do a leap of joy. Next, on my list will be valuable items I don't want to forget. Like calling my grandparents, changing the fire alarm batteries or going for ice cream. Finally, I'll write my procrastination list. I now know this is not my most important list, it is just a list I created to help me along my year. a place to put things I don't want to forget.

I'm I rationalizing,? Could be, I'm also very good at that.

Happy New year,
Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment